The Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health (OSNPPH) is the independent and official voice of Registered Dietitians working in public health in Ontario.
The society's mission is to provide a leadership forum and official voice for public health nutrition practice in Ontario.
Are you aware of the advantages and synergies that OSNNPH memberships contribute to health unit effectiveness in achieving public health goals? Please click here to review the many benefits of membership in OSNPPH.
Nominations for OSNPPH Executive Committee members-The OSNPPH Executive would like to invite you to consider taking on a position on the Executive Committee for the upcoming term. The following positions will need to be filled to have a full complement on this exciting committee which leads OSNPPH:
Co-Chair Year 1
Member-at-Large Year 1
Liaison Coordinator Year 1
There are many benefits to participating on the OSNPPH Executive and we certainly encourage all members to assist in the shaping of OSNPPH. If you are a leader or would like to develop your leadership skills, please connect with any of the current Executive committee members to put your name forward or to ask further questions about their positions. Their emails are embedded below for your convenience. Feel free to contact any of the Executive committee members (whether their position is available or not). Below is a copy of the position descriptions which is available on the members only side of the OSNPPH website (members only – governance – executive positions).
Evelyn Vaccari, Rebecca Davids, Heather Thomas - Co-Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org )
Heather Harvey - Secretary Treasurer (Heather.Harvey@wdgpublichealth.ca )
Rachel Morgan - Communications Coordinator (Rachel.email@example.com )
Julie Slack - Website Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Lindsay Fera - Member-at-Large Year 2 (email@example.com )
Candice Einstoss - Member-at-Large Year 1 (Candice.Einstoss@york.ca )
Kim Ouellette - Liaison Coordinator Year 2 (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Barb Bartle - Liaison Coordinator Year 1 (Barb.Bartle@bchu.org )
Some of the key benefits of participating on OSNPPH Executive include:
1. Network with Registered Dietitians in public health across Ontario, across the country, and even internationally
2. Free registration for the Annual Nutrition Exchange, the only provincial conference for dietitians in public health
3. Involvement in advocacy issues - ad hoc or through ongoing OSNPPH workgroups and directly with key public health stakeholders province wide
4. Collaboration, with other dietitians in public health, on specific areas of interest through OSNPPH workgroups (Family Health, School Nutrition, Workplace, Food Security)
5. Skills enhancement - expand on leadership, advocacy, collaboration and partnership skills by becoming involved in the OSNPPH executive
6. Opportunity to have advance notice of key nutrition strategies and issues that you can help shape from a public health nutrition perspective
7. Regarded as leaders in the field – respected by other health professionals, non-governmental agencies, media, and governmental groups
8. Develop life-long friendships with colleagues you may never have met otherwise
9. Beef up your resume!!
Thanks for considering. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing how OSNPPH Executive can benefit from your talents and expertise!